Wednesday 18 March 2015

Ideye, Ogu, Ighalo others react to Eagles invitation

Nigerian players took to social Medias to express their delight at being invited to represent their fatherland. This is an upward swing from years back when players were begged to represent the country.


"Thank You Lord for I was Invited to represent my Country Nigeria in the Friendly Games Against Bolivia in UYO and against SOUTH AFRICA in SA," Hapoel Beer Sheva midfielder John Ogu said.

"It is a thing of Joy to Represent My Country and I want to Use this Opportunity to say a Big thank You to Almighty GOD , and to Hapoel Beer sheva for Believing in Me and to Everyone who has made this Possible and to my Fans who always believed in My Qualities."


Watford forward Jude Odion Ighalo who is probably Nigeria’s most lethal striker in Europe had this to say:
''I found out I was invited today. Like I've always said, it's every footballer's dream to play for the national team. Thank God I have been called up, I give all glory to God.”
''I think I have been invited because of my performance these past few months. If I wasn't doing well, there's no way I would have been called up, an elated Ighalo said.

''As a striker, you always want to score goals, I am happy that I got this invitation.''  He concluded.

Rave of the moment Brown Ideye who surprisingly missed out of the 2014 FIFA world cup in Brazil said “So happy to be back with the National Team #SuperEagles #keepbelieving,” he tweeted.

Another player making a comeback to the Eagles is Volyn Lutsk of Ukraine attacker Michael Babatunde. The 22-year recently returned from a troubling ankle injury, and has started the last three games for his club, and he says he feels happy to be back.
“Oh yes I am. I’m very excited to have been recalled. I missed the last few games due to the injury which kept me out and it was a disappointing time for me. But now everything is good again and I am happy to be back,” he told sl10.ng in an exclusive interview.
“I will always be available to play for my country whenever I am called upon and this will be no different.

“It is a thing of pride to be called to serve your fatherland. There are so many Nigerian players out there and if you are one of a few to be selected, then you have to be grateful and go out to do the country proud.”

No comments: