Saturday 23 May 2015

Super Eagles Invitation a dream come true

In an era where being invited to the super eagles fold have become a normality to some players, others have meanwhile been dreaming about it, and fervently praying and working hard towards achieving that dream too.

This is the story of three home based players who have put in every effort and worked hard to get national team recognition, and the call-up couldn't have come sooner.

Kunle Odunlami, Tunde Adeniji and Ikechukwu Ezenwa all of Sunshine Stars of Akure: These three sunshine players have all been invited by coach Stephen Keshi to execute the African Nations cup qualifiers against Chad.

Apart from Odunlami(defender) , the other Two players Ezenwa(goalkeeper) and Tunde(defender) are freshers to the super eagles team. 
Ezenwa 

Ikechukwu Ezenwa who have previously represented Nigeria at junior level had this to say: "I never gave up. I kept working hard and kept putting in my best. I know what I can do so it is very possible for me to make the team but first I have to prove myself when the camp opens,".
Kunle Odunlami 

Kunle Odunlami who has been previously been invited to the super eagles couldn't hide his joy of getting another call-up, attributing it to sheer hard work and dedication "I'm so excited with the recall to the Eagles. I think my patience, perseverance and hard work  has paid off. I always knew my time would come again and I'm grateful to God. I'll not let my club and Nigeria down," Odunlami said.

Tunde Adeniji echoed the perspective of his colleagues, stating he was also delighted to be invited: "I am so delighted for the call up. Hard work and diligence have earned me the call up and I will always appreciate this opportunity given to me by ODSFA boss for promoting me from Rising Stars to Sunshine Stars and here I am being called up to national team. I am very grateful to God", said Adeniji.

No comments: