Thursday 1 January 2015

I want to return to eagles -Taiwo

Out of favour Super eagles defender Taye Taiwo who plays for Bursaspor of Turkey has shown his interest in returning to the national team setup.
Taiwo who has played 53 times for the Super Eagles is yet to play for his country since current coach took over the helm of affairs. 
“I’m still very much in active football. At my club I play regularly and my manager keeps wondering why I’ve been shut out of the Nigeria national team,” Taiwo said.
“I am a Nigerian and if given the opportunity to do so, I will definitely do that with open arms. Why not? I will surely come.
“This is my country and I will never turn down any invitation because that has always been my priority.”
Known for his prowess at free kicks due to his powerful left foot, the defender feels Nigeria is missing a lot of attributes.
“Most times, when we lose set pieces during international games, I feel very bad because I would have scored if I was there.”
Taiwo joined Bursaspor after his deal with Italian giants AC Milan expired.

No comments: