Monday 24 November 2014

Goal in Milan derby for Joel Obi

Super eagles out of favour midfielder Joel Chukwuma Obi was on the scoresheet on Sunday for Inter in the derby della madonnina  that's the Milan derby, and Joel chose the 61st minute of that game to score his 1st Seria A goal. Obi was booked 9minutes from his goal but that didn't take the excitement away from the Nigerian, who told reporters he got his goal because returnee gaffer Mancini asked him to move forward “It went well and I finally scored, “We wanted to win, but a draw is acceptable.
“Now we have more options with the ball, which is especially an advantage for us midfielders. I prefer this tactical system. Mancini had been testing me for a few days, so I figured I would start.
“Mancini asked me and Guarín to push up and give Kuzmanovic more space between the lines I feel that's why I was able to get the goal ”.
The midfielder is a product of inter's youth system and broke through to the senior team in 2010. This is Obi's 5th start this season.

No comments: