Monday 8 June 2015

Enyeama hints at international retirement

Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama has revealed that he may consider retirement after the 2017 Africa cup of nations should Nigeria get to participate.

The 32 year old has been with the Nigeria national team for 13 years and says that it’s probably about time to let the younger goalies in the squad have a go at the position.

“At some point I need to give up and let some other person to continue, I can’t keep on playing till I get to my grave; no. Someone else has to continue and I also have to consider my club career” he told footballlive.ng
“This is actually 13 years and a month since I have been serving Nigeria and I don’t think any other player except maybe J.J Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo, so I think I have done my bit”
“Frankly speaking, my target is to push myself to the limit till we qualify for the Nations cup and I think if we qualify, 2017 edition will be my last” he concluded.
Enyeama made his competitive debut for Nigeria at the 2002 world cup in Korea/Japan and went on to make a century of caps for his country.

No comments: