Thursday 13 November 2014

Ideye blames slow start on injuries

Super eagles and Westbrom striker has attributed his slow start to English football on his injury problems, Ideye 27, who is Westbrom's record signing (£10million), has found goals difficult to come by, having only one goal in all competitions he got the goal in the capital one cup 
'A lot of people are writing on my Instagram and Twitter page saying "you’re s***" or "you’re not worth the money",' Ideye told the Daily Mail.
 
"You can’t criticise me, I’ve not been playing. How can you criticise somebody who has not been playing?
 
"I have found it difficult but people can’t criticise, pull me down or have a gun at my head for not playing. I don’t think that is fair.
 
"It makes me stronger and makes me want to bounce back as quickly as possible". Ideye said.
His manager  Alan Irvine however believes the nigerian will soon find his feet and believes that Brown's might have been slightly overshadowed by Saido Berahaino's terrific form. He's doing fine but Brown has a stiff competition in Saido. Said Alan
“Brown is suffering a little bit because of how well Saido is playing – and I don’t think people would be too pleased if I left Saido out to play Brown.
 
“People talk about the fee for Brown but people have also been talking about what fee Saido would command.
 
“You’re looking for partnerships and people who can play together. I’m not saying they can’t play together but they’re both of a similar type and they’re at their best going in behind people.
 
“Unless you’re going to play quite a direct style, two going in behind isn’t very effective.”
Ideye scored in Westbrom's 2 nill defeat of Leicester City in a friendly  played behind closed doors today.

No comments: