Tuesday 18 November 2014

Injury made me Emotional -Akpan

Just saw this now and decided to write something about it, the shirtless guy is Hope Akpan, he plays for Reading football club in the English championship,  he's been a real rock in the heart of the eagles midfield lately, returned to the Eagles setup in the game against Sudan and has been present ever since. Akpan was having a pretty good game in Pointe Noire before he fell awkwardly and injured his arm. Akpan told footballlive.ng he felt very emotional because of the injury "I don’t think I’ll be fit for the game on Wednesday in Uyo. I have a very special attachment to the city because that’s where my family is from.
” I know a lot of them will come to watch me on the pitch but it’s really upsetting that I’ll be missing out on the game.
” I cried but not because of the pain, rather it was realizing I won’t be playing. I suppose this will make me a stronger and better player in the future.

No comments: